Below is a list of services we offer. In addition, we offer improvement staking, easement drafting, and can create service tailored to your survey needs. It is best to provide a deed or title commitment for an accurate legal description to ensure the correct service is selected for your needs.
- Improvement Location Certificate (ILC): ILCs do NOT determine, certify, or guaranty any boundaries. An ILC locates and measure all improvements on a property. Improvements include all structures such as a house, garage, etc., septic system, well, utilities, driveways, etc. If possible encroachments are suspected, they will be located and shown on the ILC along with a recommendation for a boundary survey. Any easements provided via title commitment, deeds, and/or subdivision plats will be shown. Any bearings and distances shown are strictly per the subdivision plat/ given legal description. In addition, any monuments shown are not certified or guaranteed property corners/ markers, but are used to orient equipment and data to North and show the correct orientation of improvements. Most ILCs can be completed in 1 to 1-1/2 weeks depending on the property.
- Land Survey Plat (LSP): A complete boundary survey to establish all property corners. With an LSP, all property corners are located and marked with flagging, and if need be, corners are set. Like ILCs, LSPs will locate and show suspected encroachments, and any easements via the aforementioned documents will be shown. Typically LSPs, SPs, and ISPs take 1-2 months to complete dependent on the property.
- Survey Plat (SP): A partial boundary survey to establish a few, but not all property corners. A SP might be needed if you are building a fence, adding an improvement, or just want to know where one or two property lines are.
- Improvement Survey Plat (ISP): An ISP is a combination of a LSP and ILC. All property corners are located, marked, and set. Also, all improvements are located and measured. ISPs are also the surveys performed for “Lot Consolidations.” As per our other services, if encroachments are suspected, they will be located and displayed on the plat.
- Points on Line (POLs): POLs are used to mark the property line between corners, so the orientation and direction of property lines can be seen when physically at the property. Typically, metal spikes are placed on the line and wooden stakes are placed next to them. POLs are highly recommended when building a fence or other improvements. They can be placed at line-of-sight or at specified distance intervals. POLs are an optional service and additional charge offered on boundary surveys only.
- American Land Title Association/ National Society of Professional Surveyors Survey (ALTA): Essentially, a gold standard ISP. The client is required to pick and choose which services they would like added on to an ISP. Typically used for commercial/ large properties, these surveys show a more extensive amount of information than other boundary surveys. ALTAs take at least 2 months to complete, but depending on the options chosen, can take up to 5 months.
- Topography Survey (TOPO): A survey that shows the elevations (contour profile) of the property. Can be tailored to specific area(s) if TOPO isn’t needed for the entirety of the property. Contours can be shown at 1’+ increments depending on the client’s preferences.
- Easements: Can be drafted to suit nearly any purpose the client desires (e.g. access easements for ingress & egress, utility, maintenance, drainage, etc). Easements grant access to utilize a portion of property, but do not mean the portion of land used no longer belongs to the property owner.